The Journal of Unitarian Universalist History (formerly the Proceedings of the Unitarian Universalist Historical Society) is published annually by the Unitarian Universalist History and Heritage Society. Subscriptions are $40 for an individual and $20 for a student and include membership in the Unitarian Universalist History and Heritage Society.
The Journal seeks to preserve and celebrate original scholarship that relates to any aspect of the history of the Unitarian Universalist religious traditions, or related liberal religion. Although our emphasis is on American history since the mid-eighteenth century, we welcome work related to any place and period (for example, Reformation Europe).
- Articles will be refereed within four months of submission.
- Submissions are best sent electronically to the editor as Microsoft Word format e-mail attachments. Send electronic submissions to: Krparker.firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Research Notes” may be sent as reports of interesting findings from research in progress.
- Reviews of any books related to Unitarian Universalist history are encouraged.
- Advisory Board: Ann Lee Bressler, Dean Grodzins, Mark Harris, Phillip Hewett, Dan McKanan, Mark Morrison-Reed, Susan Ritchie, Cynthia Grant Tucker, David Robinson, David Hall.
Contents of Past Historical Journals
Researchers interested in the contents of past journals can explore the collected tables of contents for older journals by clicking on the links below. These collections are Adobe Acrobat files containing scans of the journal table of contents pages. You might need to install an Adobe Acrobat plug-in to view these files.
- UUHHS Journal 2013-14 – Table of Contents – Volume 37
- UUHHS Journal 2012-13 – Table of Contents – Volume 36 • Adobe Acrobat File
- UUHHS Journal 2011-12 – Table of Contents – Volume 35 • Adobe Acrobat File
- UUHS Journal 2011 – Table of Contents – Volume 34 • website page
- UUHS Journal from 2008-2010 – 0.25 megabyte Adobe Acrobat File
- UUHS Journal from 1980 to 2007 – 1.14 megabyte Adobe Acrobat file
- Unitarian Historical Society from 1959 to 1977 – 5.9 megabyte Acrobat file
- Universalist Historical Society from 1959 to 1970 – 0.8 megabyte Acrobat file
- Unitarian Historical Society from 1939 to 1958 – 4.8 megabyte Acrobat file
- Unitarian Historical Society from 1925 to 1938 – 4.6 megabyte Acrobat file
Annual Addresses – 1901-1925
Click for a list of speakers and their subjects of addresses given at annual meetings of the Unitarian Historical Society.
Annual addresses were not published in journal form for the first 25 years.
Full Text of Past Historical Journals
You can search and read full text copies of Unitarian and Universalist historical journals on the Internet at HathiTrust.org
- The Proceedings of the Unitarian Historical Society – Volumes 1-7 and 15-18 (1925-1941 and 1979)
- The Proceedings – Volumes 1-10 (1925-1954) – index for volumes 1 to 10 at end
- The Proceedings – Volume 11-14 (1955-1964) not digitized and not available on-line
- Journal of Unitarian Universalist history – Volumes 19-23 (1980-1995)
- The Journal of Unitarian Universalist history – Volumes 24-32 (1996-2008)
- The Journal of Unitarian Universalist history – Volumes 33-36 (2009-2013) not digitized and not available on-line
- Journal of the Universalist Historical Society – Volumes 1-6 (1959-1966)
- The journal of the Universalist Historical Society – Volumes 7 & 8 (1969-1975?)